Friday, December 3, 2010

Fonelya


Can't Buy Me Love

December is the month were you could reward yourself by purchasing a fancy instead of a necessity. Every year I'd go out and get me a new phone, however, since I'm quadruple the times more kuripot now I gotta get my money's worth. So I go window shopping since September, with a fervent prayer that the prices I would be seeing would also be slashed down after some months.
Then there it was... my first wet dream, Samsung S8000 Jet.

Qualcomm MSM6246, 800Mhz processor, AMOLED resistive touchscreen (16M colors, 480 x 800 pixels, 3.1 inches), Virtual 5.1 channel Dolby surround (Digital Natural Sound Engine and 3.5 mm audio jack, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, USB 2.0, 5 MP, 2592 x 1944 pixels, autofocus, dual-LED flash, Geo-tagging, face, smile and blink detection are just a few of the features seem to fit my needs. Priced at almost PhP20K, this is something I can afford but rather not. I already promised myself not to spend more than P5K for a device that would eventually require additional long term expense. So the hunt went on...


Popped My Cherry

Doing some grocery shopping in Ever with my housemate I chanced upon a local cellphone manufacturer's stall and met the one. I grabbed it, played with it, checked how much it could take and liked it very much. I've also checked out others (LG Cookie, Samsung Champ, etc.) but this was like Jet all over again.

Networks:Dual GSM
900 | 1800 | 1900
Form Factor:Multi-SIM | Bar | Touchscreen
Dimensions:104.8 x 56 x 12.9mm
Weight:91g
Platform:
Main Screen:2.8" TFT Touch screen,262K Colors,240X320
Camera:2.0 MegaPixels , Digital zoom
Apps Platform:Java MIDP 2.0, CLDC 1.1
Memory:
Memory Card:MicroSD/TransFlash, up to 8 GB
Released:2010q2
Bluetooth:V2.0 + A2DP


Wireless Data:GPRS | EDGE class 12


Just the right specs at the right price range, PhP 3399.00. Plus there's a work around to access free web browsing. *sly smile*


No comments: