Friday, July 22, 2011

God and me




There's this thread in pinoyg4m.com  that started out as a venue to discuss atheism and let to the topic of religious beliefs.

I have seldom posted a response and a member commented in such a way implying that I had no stand. And I stand to what I said:
I'll eventually revert to Voltaire: Si Dieu n'existait pas, il faudrait l'inventer (If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him).

Just like a lot of people from our generation, I am agnostic. It is a frim belief that "human reason is incapable of providing sufficient rational grounds to justify knowledge that God exists or does not."

I've been born Roman Catholic, grew up in a Protestant household  and, at some point, was a Muslim. So I can say that I have a good background to make a decision aside from some knowledge I have gained from research.

Organized religions will always require their believers totality and exclusivity which is totally understandable. You can't just pick the ideas that are agreeable to your values and moral perspective, much more disregard that you think won't fit you.

I still go to church though.My friend Jade has taught me the value of religious architecture. How can anyone disregard the magnificent and majestic structures anyway?

I do have my stand about religious beliefs. I'm just too bored to get into a lengthy discussion, at the end of it all, men just complicate beliefs.

No comments: